who is the god?

Several years ago, I was sitting with a group of college students at
a coffee shop. The conversation was casual, nothing too serious. Then
one of the students asked me first in Chinese and then in English, “who
is your god?” Wow! The question caught me off guard. Never before in my
whole life had someone actually asked me who my god was—as if there was
more than one! I responded humbly in Chinese, “I am a Christian; Jesus
is my God.”

About a year ago, another college student asked me, “Manda, who is
the God? What is his name?” Again, I told this dear friend that I
followed Christ Jesus.


Then, last night, after telling another Taiwanese college student about
how God had changed my life, the student said to me, “I would like to
trust a god, but I don’t know which god I should trust. Which god do
you worship?”



When was the last time someone wanted to know which god
you were talking about? Although I live on “the island of a thousand
gods” (title of a brochure I picked up at the airport), it’s not
exactly a question I ever get used to being asked.  However, it is one I am happy to answer.



___



Would you please join me in praying for the people of Taiwan who don't know which God to trust?



“Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me
so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel . . .
Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should” (Ephesians 6: 19,
20).

"也為我祈求,使我得著口才,能以放膽開口講明福音的奧秘 . . . 並使我照著當盡的本分放膽講論" (弗 6:19, 20)。


3 comments:

  1. Yes, I definatley will. I'll be praying for you as well. It's so funny what we take for granted. That question would have thrown me off too!
    By the way, I love your new picture! You are so pretty! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen! Praise JESUS!!!
    nice new profile pic too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is AWESOME that you get asked that!!!!!!!!!!!!! If only Aussies and Americans would ask the same...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...