quotation meme

I love quotations!  I've already admitted to collecting them when I shared some of my fave quotes on learning.  So, when I saw this "quotation meme" I thought it would be fun.



Here is the meme's instructions: Go here and look through random quotes until you find 5 that you think reflect who you are or what you believe.



So, here's what I randomly found:

1. "I have not lost my mind - it's backed up on disk somewhere." (Unknown)



2. "Son, always tell the truth. Then you'll never have to remember what you said the last time." (Sam Rayburn, 1882 - 1961)



3. I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." (Bill Cosby, 1937 - )



4. "A friend is someone who sees through you and still enjoys the view." (Wilma Askinas)



5. "In case of dissension, never dare to judge till you've heard the other side." (Euripides, 484 BC - 406 BC)

After I found these five, I kept looking, and I found these to add to my quotation collection too:

"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people." (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1884 - 1962)



"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity." (Albert Einstein, 1879 - 1955)



"If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow." (Chinese Proverb)

At this point, I had to force myself away from the "New Random Quotations" button, and make myself click the little red "X" in the upper right hand corner.  It was a very tempting page . . . I so wanted to keep clicking and clicking.



And since it is a meme, I should tag people right?  Well, I tag you!  If you are reading this, consider yourself tagged.  I would love to read more quotes, so please comment and leave your a link to the post with your quotes if you accepted the tag. :)



6 comments:

  1. I've done it! :) I love your quotes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, y'all, she picked really AWESOME quotes!! I LUB 'em!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was fun... especially on a sleepless night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by and glad to be able to give you something to do when you couldn't sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I don't have a blog, I'm sharing this one with you here: One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.
    A. A. Milne. It reminded me of us at Sarah's wedding and creating "woolite moments"! Love, MOm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for a diverse an interesting selection of quotes.
    I do a regular Monday Night quotes post. You will find it at:
    http://righteousjudgment.blogspot.com/
    Blessings, and peace.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...