learning styles

In one of my courses, in addition to talking about preference to using the left or right sides of our brains, we dicuss learning styles



I have my students take this survey to find out what learning style they prefer.



Taking the survey myself only confirms what I knew to be true.  I am a very visual learner.  I wanna see it in black and white--and color.  Sometimes even just writing something down and throwing the paper away improves my ability to remember it. 



Below is my chart from taking the survey.



Learning_style_3 



5 comments:

  1. Hey, did you change your background color? I just noticed it today, and it looks great.
    I also took those sorts of tests two years ago. I wasn't surprised to learn that I am a highly visual learner, but I was surprised to learn that I am also a highly kinesthetic learner. Now, I realize that is true. Let me see it, or let me touch it, but by all means don't try to tell me about it because I won't remember a word you say! I love to use my hands and my eyes--guess that makes the computer a natural for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am highly kinesthetic....and audiory! I can't keep my hands off things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, do you know the name of the learning styles survey you used above? I would like to use it with 4th grade students. Thank you, Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicky,
    I had my students use the one at this URL: http://www.lancsngfl.ac.uk/learnstyles/
    Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Amanda. I am doing grades 3-6 and like this one--especially for those visual learners--like me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...