gilby is home now

what a tongue!



Gilby is home now.  Everything went ok.  Actually the procedure was easier than the vet thought it would be--so that is great.  He is asleep right now. 



The vet was surprised that Gilby could tell a difference between the vet's dog food and the dog food I give Gilby at home. 



He said, "you must feed him people food."



"No.  I don't.  I feed him such and such brand.  He is just . . . " (don't know how to say "picky" in Chinese, so sentence is left unfinished).



"Well, it is really spooky that he can tell and will refuse to eat at all."



I nodd.  "I KNOW!" 



I even have done the slow mixing of different types to introduce a new brand to him.  He actually ate around the new brand--leaving it in the bowl and only eating the brand he liked. 



AND.  There are even some dog biscuits he refuses to eat!!  Just doesn't like them at all. 



AND.  I try to treat him when he potties outside, so I can be reinforcing that habit.  But, he refuses the treat.  He would rather keep sniffing and playing outside than take the time to eat a silly treat. 



Ahhh . . . my Gilby.  It's good to have him home again.  Thank you so much Father for taking such good care of him.  Please help him to continue to heal.  You are a good God.



5 comments:

  1. Great news that he made it through with no problems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda! I just popped over from Carol's site. I love your blog! I've been perusing it today. And Gilby is too cute. What kind of dog is he?
    I have been studying God's sovereignty for about a year and a half, now.
    I admire the work you're doing, and my God bless you as you continue to minister in Taiwan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that Gilby is okay :).
    Yeah - both our dogs only eat one particular kind of brand. I tried the same thing - mixing it in with other. You know what they do - throw it on the floor and leave it there for me to pick up - lol...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is good to hear that Gilby is back home safe and sound. I'm sure it was a long night for you both. I thought it was funny the vet was surprised by Gilby's fickleness. Although my dogs aren't particularly picky eaters (I think maybe because they're too big to be), I know when I board them at the vet, the vet is always surprised to hear that they don't prefer a specific food/diet (i.e. my pooches are apparently the odd man out, so to speak). Anywho, it is good to hear that all is well! And, you are right, it truly is a reminder that God is faithful, even in the "little" things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Deb:Thanks for you concern and caring!! I visited your site--a family site--how cool is that!!
    @Gayla: Gilby is a Maltese. Or, in other words, a cute, little white ball of energy who knows no strager but loves momma best. :)
    Thank you for your kind words. Glad you "poped" over. Thanks so much for commenting. I will go check out your site in a minute.
    @Iris: Oh! What a mess! At least Gilby leave the unwanted stuff in his bowl. He does however know how to quickly and efficently make messes elsewhere!
    @Jenn: I thought it was pretty common for doggies to favor a certain brand of dog food. But, I really think it is a character trait that Maltese dogs are even more picky than the average dog. And. . . I just think Gilby is not all that excited about food. He won't ever sit and eat a full meal at one time. I tried to get him to do that so his housebreaking would be easier--no sir. Won't do it.
    I don't know. He's my first dog. So, I just enjoy him. (and, think that he is the best little pup in the world.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...