flowers fade

I love flowers.  Please don't get me wrong!  I am not being pestimistic.  I promise you.



But this week, as I was cleaning off the hot zone of my dinning room table, it was time for my 30-cents flowers to be thrown away.   They had lost their brilliant purple and shinny yellow.  They were no longer stretching this way and that displaying their beauty.



But as I gathered them and was reaching for the trash, I thought to myself, "the grass withers, and the flowers fade, but the word of our God stands forever"  which comes from Isaiah 40:8.



So, instead of tossing them, I hung them upside down to dry. 



Flowers Fade



Its true.  The beauty of flowers--even though I enjoy it greatly (especially the "smiley flowers"--you know sunflowers, daisys, and so on)--doesn't last forever.  Their beauty fades, rather fleetingly if you ask me.  But, God's word?  Nope it never, ever will fade.  Now that really is something to smile about! :)



Here are more shots of my faded flowers (and even though they made some fun pictures, they pale [yes, pun was intended] in comparison to the originals):



www.flickr.com



2 comments:

  1. You are so right. I purchased a beautiful orange rose (as you have seen on my blog), but it all dead now. To me it is amazing that God's Word has 'survived' for such a long time and that we can still feast on it in this day and age :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't it be wonderful it flowers lasted longer - of course, we might not appreciate their beauty as much if they did.
    And I agree, the lasting power of God's Word is definitely worth smiling about!
    You mentioned sunflowers - my parents planted some in our garden when I was a kid - they were HUGE and so pretty, then one day we had to cut them down and shake the seeds out - I was soooo amazed lol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...