happy belated white day!



Yesterday--March 14th--was "White Day."

My understanding is that Japan has two valentine's days: Feb. 14 is for women to give to men, and March 14 is for men to give to women.

So, my some of my Taiwanese students--as a whole class--gave me a gift for "White Valentine's Day." This cute card (on the right) and some nice cappuccino flavored white chocolate! Yummy!!



So, if Taiwan celebrates America's Valentines day (Feb 14), Japan's Valentine's Day (March 14), and the Chinese Lover's Day (on the 7th day of the 7th lunar month) . . . . Taiwanese people then get to celebrate their "loved ones" three times!  That is a lot of chocolate and flowers. ;)



1 comment:

  1. I remember that interesting White Day custom in Japan. It was so strange for me! On Valentine's Day, the men received chocolate from the women, and on White Day, the men gave white handkerchiefs to the women in return. On Valentine's, The homestay family where I lived received stacks and stacks of chocolate for the father ... in all sorts of ... intriguing shapes (NOT kid-friendly.) I think I like our American version better where the men give the ladies chocolate and flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...