lucky stuff

From blogging with my students (in the internet English course I am teaching), I learned two new things about The Dragon Boat Festival this week.



I learned this from Amy:


Fragrant packageFragrant package2



OH~~~ we have a very specially "Luckly Thing" and you can hang up it
just like a necklace, AND it can protect you safe & well this
year, moreover it's smell fragrant.

I call that "fragrant package"in English, because I don't know how to say that word,HA~

I learned this from Tim:

Some say if we can stand the egg upright at noon on the day of Dragon Boat Festival, it would bring us good luck for the rest of the year.

No one ever said teachers knew it all.  I learn so much from my students!!



On a more serious note though, do you see a pattern here?  My students, my neighbors, my dear friends trust in "horses and chariots" (Psalm 20:7), they trust in auspicious items, and desire lucky things and lives. 



Would you please join me in praying for them they too will place their trust in the name of the Lord our God?  Please ask God to open their eyes to the truth that auspicious stuff has no power to make lucky things happen. 



The Most High God is an all-powerful, all-loving God, and we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose" (Romans 8:28).  May they one day soon know it too!!



3 comments:

  1. Hey. I will definately be praying! I love your blog! I think its amazing! Im coming over to TW in 3 weeks for some missions stuff. Ill be there a month and your blog gives me a great 'pre view'! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely be praying, Amanda. :-) May God continue to bless you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see a Dragonboat race one of these days. You're also very right in how they trust in material things. I'll be praying, too!
    Camy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...