taiwan tour

Dsc05638bSam and I are leaving for our Tour of Taiwan today. :)

I am so excited!! 

School is now over.  Grades are turned in.  We've had our final departmental meeting.  Our Summer English Camp is even over too!  My office at school is all packed and in boxes.  It is time to party and to explore, to go and to see!!

We are going to Meinong this weekend (where I lived for a year).   Then we will go all the way north to my friend's home.  From there, we will travel up to see things in Tapei (like the world's tallest building and art that is thousands of years old).  Then on our way back down south, we will visit a friend in Taichung and then spend a day in Tainan.

Have I mentioned that I am excited?  I might even be more excited than Sam!  (Although, he begs to differ.)
_______


Typhoon_1***Updated***

There is only one damper to all this excitement that we have to battle. :(  A typhoon is coming!!  Just now, as I was typing, it started to rain.  So I popped over to the weather site for Taiwan and found this:



Forecast_2


You see all those little rain clouds right?  One for every single day of our trip!!!  :(  This little chart and the rain outside my window made me go from this:


21541060_2


To this:


21540940

21541436
But . . . I guess we will just have to try and have fun in the rain because we are going to go on our Taiwan Tour no matter what!!  But, we will make safe choices, Mom and NeeNee--I promise.

And, regardless of the weather, we will take lots of pictures to share with you when we come back around the 18th.  So, see you again then!

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, it does sound like a fun, fun trip! What a special summer for Sam! You are treating him royally. We will all be looking forward to the pics, and maybe the sun will shine some of the days. Be safe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems to rain on special days for me...but I like it. It even rained ON my wedding. I bet you still have tons of fun. And, if it's overcast, you'll get better pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I really like your blog!! Thanks for all the help regarding my RSS feed...good grief I'm computer illiterate!!
    Blessings,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. have a wonderful time! take lots of pics as i'm sure you will. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When would be the best time to visit Taiwan?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...