thinking thankfully on thursdays

Plum Blossom



"Are you grumbly hateful or humbly grateful?  What's your attitude?  Do you grumble and groan or let it be known that you're grateful for all God's done for you?" (from a song I learned as a child on a tape from "Back to the Creek Bank")



Today, I am thankful for:



  • friends


  • that my needs are met


  • and so are many of my wants too


  • to be able to have so many translations of the Bible and so many print copies of my own


  • to live where there is freedom to worship in public


  • being American


  • being able to live in Taiwan


  • a loving Creator God


3 comments:

  1. Oh, how I remember those tapes playing over and over and over again. I remember your mother and I singing that particular song to you and your sister after those emotionally charged moments of sibling exchange. I now am thankful for two maturing young women, whom I celebrate as being my daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard these tapes, but love that concept: "grumbly hateful or humbly grateful". I'll have to use that with my kiddos.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "emotionally charged moments of sibling exchange"--that is a very poetic way of saying "fought like cats and dogs." :)
    Sarah and I grew up on Psalty the Singing Songbook, The Creek Bank, and Colby's Clubhouse tapes. They were great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...