carnival of beauty: comfort food

Carnivallogo_4



This week the Carnival of Beauty's topic was comfort food.  I have already run into a few of these posts online . . . they look fun, please go check out Heather's mom2momconnection to find her post with the Carnival listed.



I didn't participate this time because, well, I am not yet a cook or a baker.  I do prepare meals for myself and make brownies for my students . . . but nothing with a real recipe.  Dark chocolate is my comfort food. :) 



Just kidding, actually the idea of comfort food has changed for me since I now live in Taiwan.  The first year I went back to the USA, I wanted Tex-Mex all the time.  The second time I just wanted "beef" . . . give me beef.  And I don't know what it will be I long for the next time I go home.  I do love my grandmother's homemade roles and "coke jello" and my mother's "meat, tators and corn" dish and chicken dumplings.



Anyway, next week the Carnival of Beauty's Topic is Friendship and is being hosted by Michele at Chasing Contentment.  Please join us!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...