temple celebrations

Worship
This past week there is some god who is being celebrated here in Tainan.  I am
not sure which one. 



But, there has been lots and lots of temple
activity going on for about two weeks now.  For the past week, each night from my study window I have seen
about five different firework shows from various temples.   One was only one street in front of my apartment.



The fireworks were awesome; the reason behind them heartbreaking.  Banquets, burning paper money, fireworks, and lots of worship . . . it is heartbreaking.



"Their land is filled with idols;
they bow down to the work of their hands,
to what their own fingers have made" (Isaiah 2:8).




"I am the Lord; that is my name;
my glory I give to no other,
nor my praise to carved idols" (Isaiah 42:8).



2 comments:

  1. How strange you believe in fairy tales and worship a man made wooden cross!! Pot calling a kettle black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about jumping to conclusions.
    First of all, I don't believe in fairy tales. What would make you think that?
    And, second, I don't worship a man made cross--wooden, silver, golden or otherwise.
    I worship the God of heaven and earth, who was and is and is to come. He is almighty, most powerful, God of all gods.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...