fall? really?

This is fall?  Really?  I don't think so.



Everyone around me is wearing long sleeves and sweaters or jackets.  I saw a baby toddling around in three layers of clothes last week--poor kid could barely even toddle cuz of all the layers!  My students complain about me keeping the classroom too cold--people, it is set at 77 (and I am positive it is not actually that cool in the room)!



Let's just compare for a moment my little tropical island home and the place of my birth, none other than the grand ole country state of Texas--were not even going to go north where I know it is more "fall-like" than Texas is right now.



And, just to be fair, I clipped these both at approx. the same time in their respective locations.



How many differences can you spot?



Tainan:



Tainan



Austin:



Austin



I'll never forget one of the MKs (missionary kids) who once said in shock: "We're eating dinner now?  But it is still light outside!"  To which I replied with stories of when I was child telling my mom, "Why do I have to go to bed now?  It's still light outside." :)





1 comment:

  1. Yes, we went to Taipei two weeks ago and saw WOOL skirts and scarves. It was in the 70's, maybe 60's in early morning. That's interesting that you put the two cities' weather forecasts up like that. Austin-folks probably aren't wearing wool yet ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...