missing

The team coming this weekend to my town was great.  I really enjoyed prayerwalking with them and helping them to share Christ.  And, I even took them to my favorite resturant--"The Cooking DuDu" (or "DuDu Chef" or "The DuDu Restaurant").  Ahh . . . that was some great Chinese food--if you come visit me, I promise to take you there.



They even brought me a bag of American goodies, and it was refreshing to be around like-minded people for a few days.  However, they left me one thing that I'd like to return now. 



They left me feeling very homesick.  These last two days my eyes have often teared up, sometimes actually spilling over.  This team reminded me that I do miss home. 



21540940I miss my family. 
I miss real fall weather. 
I miss leaves actually changing colors. 
I miss crunching the fallen leaves underfoot. 
I miss the smell
fall.
I miss the stars at night that are big and bright. 
I miss sitting and talking to my mom. 
I miss playing games with my brother. 
I miss chatting with my dad. 
I miss laughing with my sister.
I miss orange pumpkins.   
I miss driving on long stretches of endless road where the horizon can always be seen. 
I miss the smell of Grandmother's cooking. 
I miss helping her change out her front porch lights. 
I miss arranging the photos on my PawPaw's computer. 
I miss watching him sleep in his big white recliner.
I miss the wrinkled and yet at the same time very smooth hands of my NeeNee. 
I miss snuggling up under homemade afghans made by those same hands. 

I miss the way he calls me sweetheart and she calls me sugar.
I miss . . .



*sigh* . . . oh how much I miss right now.



I don't think I've ever been this homesick before. 



This is my 6th fall away from home.  It will be my 6th Thanksgiving and Christmas totally on my own. 



Oh, how much I miss home right now!  *sigh*



10 comments:

  1. I feel like I wanna cry now, too. I wish I could hug you right now. ((((Amanda)))) :)
    I will be praying that the Lord will meet all your longings and needs in His special and perfect way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Amanda! I know how you feel! I was overwhelmingly homesick once mt grandmother left. And as much as I love reading all of the blogs from the States, seeing and hearing about the fall preparations going on over there makes me even more homesick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been there, and I know how it feels, although it wasn't 6 years, but only 1. Do you want a care package from America? Can we send you happiness in a box? Is there anything you want and can't get there. :) ((((hugs)))) May your sacrifices be blessed and honored. May you be highly favored by our good Lord, who loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how sad. I'm sorry you're missing home right now. I wish I could give you a hug too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda, Sorry you're feeling so homesick. That empty longing hollow feeling always reminds me that THIS world is not our home and we are only a journey to our real home. Have you heard Chris Rice's "Missing You"? I'm not across the world, but I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a little behind on my blog reading, so I missed this the day you wrote it, but I'm praying for you today, Amanda. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm behind in reading and only just saw this. :( I'm sorry you've been so lonely and homesick. Sending you love and hugs from Australia and sending up a little prayer for comfort for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry, Amanda. Sending a big hug from Atlanta...blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Amanda,
    I totally understand how you feel. I havn't been back to Taiwan for almost 4 years. Lately, I been miss my family so much. ( I never miss home so much before... ) I pray that Holy Spirit will comfort you!!
    Love,
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwwww Minda, I wish I could twitch my nose and you'd be here!!!!!!!! I miss you so greatly and I can't even imagine how homesick you feel! Come on over right now if you wanna (I wish u could!!), you know we love you and pray that the Lord comforts you!
    Knowing you're where u'r supposed to be, but wishing you were here with me!
    Lub-Lub - me

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...