editing pictures online

Inspired by Jimmie's weblink wednesday . . . I thought I'd share my two favorite online photo editing tools.



1. Picnik is just awesome. 
It used to be 100% free, but now that it is out of beta, they will soon start to charge for their "premium  services" (but they are free this week). It interacts with flickr, facebook, photobucket, and picasa.  I don't know about the other sites, but I know it is a seemless, painless process with flickr--beautiful really.  You can crop, edit, fix, create, frame, add text and graphics, and more . . .  Too bad it won't continue to stay completely free.



2. My other favorite photo tool is bighuge labs--and it is 100% free. 
There are tons of fun things to do there.  Some are productive and worthwhile, while others are just creative time-killers.  I use their Mosaic Maker a lot!  My students loved making their very own magazine covers and CD inserts.  You can also add captions and/or bunny ears and santa hats to your photos.  You  can also make billboards, photo cubes, calanders, motivational posters, and more . . .



All of these work best with flickr api, but if you know the image's URL, you can use any photo online, or upload one from your local harddrive.



Here are some of the things my students have created using bighugelab's flickr toys:



photo special



LOVE Calendar



garlic bread



junior wharolized



stamp



captioned photo



magazine cover



These two online photo tools really work for me.



5 comments:

  1. I have been looking for something like that, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great links. It's a shame the former won't be free for very long! I should really start using flickr again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look pretty cool. Is the mosaic thing free or do you have to pay and order them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. bighugelab's photo toys are completely and totally FREE.
    and they will upload right back into your flickr photo stream for you too.
    (I added that this company is free into the post after you asked your question. I thought about it and then forgot to say it. Thanks for the reminder.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. I will definitely have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...