thanksgiving in taiwan

DSC08441





I spent my Thanksgiving holiday with a bunch of American friends--all Southern Baptist, all missionaries (either with the IMB or tentmaking)--here in southern Taiwan. 



It is an annual gathering.  This was my third year to celebrate Thanksgiving with this same group.  We eat yummy "Thanksgiving foods" and then fellowship and play games.  This year I played Hotels and Spoons with the "younger generation." 



I missed my family and being with them, but God has provided a place of belonging away from home.  I am very thankful to be a part of such a great group of believers who love and care about each other and have a passion for sharing the Good News with the people of Taiwan.



The above photo is of the view of the sunsetting over downtown Kaohsiung from where we were meeting.  How I love this place!! 



3 comments:

  1. Praise God for giving you a place of belonging away from family. Sounds like it was a wonderful Thanksgiving! =)
    blessings to you Amanda,
    joyce
    ps - it's 31c in KaoHsiung right now? wow, that's hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving even with being away from your loved ones. We had a delightful time here with all the family gathered together. PTL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bit late, but Happy Thanksgiving! Glad you got to celebrate it with friends even so far from home.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...