can you believe it!?!

As Kristy correctly noted yesterday in her comment, I got my hair cut. 



And it is SHORT.  The shortest I think it has ever been!!  For years it was down to my mid-back, and for the past two years I've been wearing it around my shoulders.  But, a week or two ago, I lost about 4-5 inches.



Then, the stylist styled it straight for me.  I don't think it has ever been this straight in my whole life!!! 



My Straight Hair



My straight hair only lasted three days! :)  And, it even got a little curlier the further I got from the time the stylist straightened it.  After the stylist was done, it was all sleek and straight.  Then later, suddenly it had bounce and shape. Kinda funny. :)



But, then as soon as it gets wet, this is what it looks like this . . .



My New Hair Cut



Many people have asked if I would do it straight again.  And the answer is sure . . . if I had the tools, products, and time.  It was fun to have straight hair for a day or two.  I loved being able to run my fingers through it at any time I wanted to (not just when it is wet).  I even liked to feel the swish of it on my shoulders.  It was fun, but I am completely satisfied with my curls. ;)




5 comments:

  1. I generated a whole new post?! Wow, I'm flattered. heehee Yeah, it looks nice. The straight was real nice, too--but as somebody who does minimal with her own hair, I sympathise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have curly hair--looks very much like my 14 year old daughter's hair. Hers is a little longer than yours. She, so hates her hair and has not been content with those untamed curls for the past couple of years. I keep telling her she has to embrace the curl. She's not listening. I straighten her hair for her a couple times a month and she puts off washing it as long as possible! Enjoyed visiting your site--I'm new to this whole blogging thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh . . . I remember fighing my curls at 13 and 14. Finally by about 15 or so I learned to love them, and as you say "embrace" them. At that time they hung way down my back.
    For curly hair it is all about using the right products and keeping it well conditioned.
    I hope she learns to embrace her curls. Curly hair is beautiful--at least I think so! :) It sure is a lot of fun.
    Welcome to the blogging world. I'm off to visit your site now. Thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair is so cute! I liked the straight look, but that's not you. Your students will be surprised. Can't wait to see! We are in airport on way to Taiwan, see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like your new haircut! straight or curly, it's beautiful. =) i have some natural curls myself which is on the rare side for the average Chinese gal and i used to not like it, but every good and perfect gift comes from the LORD. ^-^
    on grumpy days at work, i sure need to remember that fact pointed out by good ole James. sigh...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...