My Comment Policy

I've avoided making a comment policy for as long as I could, but now I feel like it is time to publish one.  There are two points in my comment policy.  One is how I respond to comments and the other is that I do feel free to unpublish comments.



Responding to Comments
Like all bloggers, I like comments.  I read them all.



Nonetheless, I just
physically don't have time to always respond to all of them.  I do make
an effort (when carbon-based life isn't too hectic) to visit the blogs
of those that comment here, and try to respond when I can. 



Please
don't get your feelings hurt if I don't respond to your comments.  It
is nothing personal--I just probably have a class to teach, a dog to
walk, a student to talk to, or a meal to eat. :)



Unpublishing Comments
I also unpublish all comments that are rude, try to persuade me or my readers to convert out of Christianity, or are otherwise trying to stir up trouble.  Conversation is ok; trolling is not. 



One of the purposes of my blog is to share with familiy and friends about my life in Taiwan.  It is also to help people who are interested in missions know how to better pray for the Taiwanese.  However, I am not able to control who reads my blog, and people who are not the intended audience read it.  That's cool, but it does not change the purpose of my blog. 



So, I refuse to enter into a debate on my blog (because I just don't have the time)--especially with people who make false assumptions about me, make false claims, or resort to petty namecalling and know nothing about who I am or what I really do.

So, there you have it. . . that is how I deal with comments here on following an unknown path.



Any questions?  Feel free to ask!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...