Happy Father's Day!!!

Dad and Sam
When I was maybe in high school, I always thought what a rip-off it was to dad's that Father's Day came in the summer.  Since Mother's Day is in May, as kids we spent time in both school and Sunday school making things for her, but Father's Day?  Well, maybe, if we happened to be home that weekend we might make something in Sunday School for him. :)



Well, now that I live in Taiwan, June is now a school month.  BUT, today is not Father's Day here.   Father's Day in Taiwan is August 8th.  Because 8 is pronounced "ba" in Chinese.  So, August 8th is "BaBa" which is also how you say "daddy" in Chinese.  So, Baba's Day is on baba day.  Got it?



Which is also a rip off because in Taiwan Mother's Day always falls on a Sunday (it is the same day as the US Mother's Day), but Father's Day can be any day of the week.  So, everyone goes home on Mother's Day weekend and takes their mother out to eat on Sunday, but Father's Day?  Well, they go to work.



Anyway, our father's deserve our respect and admiration.  Today is a day to celebrate them!! So, Dad, today I celebrate you!



I thank you for all the ways you have impacted who I am.  I am the woman I am today because of who you are in Chirst, because of how you and Mom choose to raise me.  I am not sure, but I doubt there are many women who can look back at their childhood and teen years and rejoice because their earthly father was such a blessing.  I know you are not without your faults, but God has been so gracious to me by giving me such an awesome earthly Father.  I love you, Daddy!  Happy Father's Day!!



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



Bestdadlg Carla at her site, Reflections of the Times, recently held a contest about the Best Dad Ever.  I submitted this post that I wrote last father's day about my Dad.



And guess what??  We won!  And the prize was to pick out one of Carla's nifty t-shirts from her cafepress shop.  And, she even made a "Best Dad Ever" shirt for Father's Day, which is the one that I choose as the prize.  :)



Yea!  Thank you, Carla, for helping me celebrate my dad!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...