wedding reception in usa (part 4)

alternate title: cutting the cakes

The cakes

Our cakes were made by our wedding coordinator.  The "wedding cake" was strawberry, while the groom's cake was chocolate.  And, can I just say they were DELICIOUS!!  I don't care for most cakes . . . but this stuff was great! 

The groom's cake has a Chinese "chop" (or seal) that is supposed to be the wedding word for double joy or double happiness inside a door, which Lawrance choose because he and I (two joys) were starting a new home (door).  BUT . . . they left off the bottom part of the "double joy" . . . so EVERYONE--American and Taiwanese--ask us what it means. :)

___
Cutting the cakes was a blast!!  Lawrance had no idea what we were going to be doing.  I didn't tell him anything.  I just told him "wait and see."  So, he really was clueless, which made it WAY more fun for us and our guests too.


___
Posing with the Cake

IMGP4763.jpg

___
Feeding him a rather large piece, but doing it nicely.

IMGP4767.JPG

___
___
His reaction. (And, me not wanting to get cake on the dress.)

IMGP4769.JPG

___
Me preparing a SMALL piece for him to feed me.

IMGP4770.JPG

___
He wants a big piece and says, "Now I will show you how we do it in Taiwan."

IMGP4771.JPG

___
As he puts it in his own mouth, I am a bit confused thinking he is going to feed himself.

IMGP4772.JPG

___
Then I realize what he is going to do . . . and EVERYONE laughs loudly as they figure it out too!!

IMGP4773.JPG


___
If you haven't figured it out yet . . . He wants me to eat it FROM HIS MOUTH!!!!  OH MY!!

IMGP4775.jpg

___
After all that drama . . . we move on to the groom's cake.

IMGP4778.JPG

___
Obviously, cutting it together.

IMGP4782.JPG

___
And, to ensure he didn't make me eat from his mouth again, we fed each other at the same time. :)

IMGP4785.JPG

Yay!!  It was so much FUN!! 

And what was wonderful too . . . is that a big plate of the leftover cake was snuck into the honeymoon suite for us.  We got to enjoy our wonderful cake throughout our honeymoon!  Thanks to whoever did that . . . Mom??  Sarah??


(Most photos taken by Jessica at JGM Photography.)



3 comments:

  1. Amanda, I lost track of your blog. WOW:)! Congratulations.
    As I scrolled down, I wondered who's wedding you were posting about and all of a sudden I realized it was you!!! I smiled so big!
    Congrats!
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great big THANKS!! :D
    God has been kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute! I love what Lawrance did!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...