onions, onions everywhere!!

Harvesting Onions

On Friday of last week, I took a trip to the southern tip of Taiwan with some fellow missionaries for a April Birthday trip.  We had a lot of fun.  One of the things we saw were onion crops EVERYWHERE and some of the crops were being harvested.

I'd only seen the onions for sale down there, never before had I actually seen an onion field or warehouse.  I couldn't believe the massive quantity of onions!!  I saw in one hour more onions than I have in my whole life combined.

and . . . . WOW!!  I never knew onions grew like this--breaking the surface of the ground when they are ready to be harvested.  Too cool!

Never cease to learn.  Never cease to be amazed.

3 comments:

  1. What a very interesting picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just curious...was the onion smell really strong?
    We had a couple of wild onion plants growing in our yard at our previous home, and boy, could you smell 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know . . . now that you mention it I didn't smell even a hint of onion at all.
    I wonder if it was because it was raining a little so that kept the odor down or if different kinds of onions have different smelly powers or if it depends on how ripe they are . . .
    More things to wonder about . . .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...