urgent prayer request

My Taiwanese Mom (my best friend's mother) is in the ICU in Taipei.  On
Thursday, she attempted sucide again by drinking a very strong toliet cleaner.  Her son found her
20-30 minutes later. 





Right now she is in critical condition.  Her esophogus and stomach
lining are very damaged.  According to her daughter, Ellen, when her mom reaches
excruiting pain they are going to take her in for immediate surgery to
remove the damaged parts.  The doctors have told her family that there
is less than a 50/50 chance for surrival.  If she does surrive they
have prepared the family for the worst--tube fed, soft voice, and so on . 





The good news in all of this is that God has used this situation to
bring Ellen's mother and brother into his saving gace.  Thank the Lord
for their belief, and ask for Him to draw them individually and as a
family closer unto Himself. 





Please pray for God's mercy and grace on this family.  Yes, she drank
the poison herself, but God has spared her life so far.  He could use
this story and my Taiwanese Mom to bring Himself more glory and
praise.  It would be awesome to see him restore Lin MaMa to health--not
only spiritually, but physically and emotionally as well. 




Please also pray specifically for my dear friend Ellen.  She
needs prayer for direction in how to handle the last two months
of her job--she really wants to just quit and be with her family. 
Pray also as she ministers to her whole family during this time of
crisis.



6 comments:

  1. Dear LORD,
    You alone are Almight, so please heal Lin Mama physically, emotionally, and spiritually. We pray for Your healing powers to be demonstrated in her life and Your presence to be very evident to her and her family. Please take care of this family and help Amanda's Taiwanese mom and brother to draw closer to you and also her friend Ellen to know what to do at this time. In Jesus' awesome and powerful name we pray, amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sad for you and your friend. I've prayed for her, and know that God uses all things for good for those who love Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Amanda - will be praying right after I post this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read about your mom and really strike me very much. The reason why strike me so much is that doing something like she has done, it will not solve any problem, as a matter of fact, the way I see life now, we create karma which will haunt us for our lives to come. Or putting it another way, it creates weight which will hindrance our goal of reaching eternal life. I know that there is eternal life.
    Try to find for a book called "In the Light of Truth" and you will be surprise to what the reality is, and perhaps, it will be a blessing for your mom to stop doing what she is doing.
    If you do not find the book let me know. It might be a calling for me.
    Receive my blessings and hope you get to discover the truth.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the Name of Jesus i pray that the spirit that makes her watch soap operas to break! I pray that God will turn this for all of His purposes. Go God!
    Blessings,
    Claire & David

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will keep your friend and her family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...