happy, happy birthday!!

20431567_2Guess what is two years old today?? 



My blog!  That's right, Following an Unknown Path is two years old today



I started playing with the concept of blogging many times in past six years, I even tried to make a "blog" on my website (that after ten years of owning I finally let go of this year), but because I didn't truly grasp the concept it didn't quite work.  I started playing with different blogging platforms starting in the spring of 2005.  But it wasn't until December of 2005, that I created the concept of Following an Unknown Path and got hooked on blogging for real. 



(After Following an Unknown Path was birthed, I carried over some of the content from those other blogs I had played with.  That is why the archives go back into the spring of 2005--in case for some random reason you were wondering why my archives go back further than the birth of my blog.)



Following an Unknown Path has changed quite a bit from its original.  Content, layout, purpose, intent, some of the audience, design and look of the actual posts, writing style . . . .its all changed over the past two years.  I guess--in some ways--that is a good thing.



Honestly, I can't believe it's been two years!  Time goes SO fast. 



There have been times in this past blogging year that I've wanted to throw in the towel and call it quits.  But, I've not done so . . . yet, at least.  I enjoy writing, and I enjoy photography, and I need an outlet for sharing with others what God is doing in my life and what is going on in the world I find myself.  And, blogging seems to be a great outlet for all of these.  So, for now, I continue with my little hobby.



It is also such a blessing to be able to update my family on the other side of the world in a matter of seconds about what is going on in my life.  Now, if only I can convince them to start blogging about their lives so I can keep tabs on them.  (Wanna know a secret?  My paternal grandmother comments on my blog posts in handwriting and my grandfather scans in the letter and emails it to me as an attachment.  Pretty cool huh?)



It's been a neat blogging year since I've actually gotten to MIRL with some other Taiwan bloggers.  I've also been put back in touch with some college friends and their blogs. 



And, twice this year, blog readers told me to go check out some other blog they thought I might like . . . and BOTH times I actually knew these people in real life--just didn't know that they blogged!  How cool is that!?!?



Oh, yeah, and I entered my first bloggy contest and won an x-shot--thanks to readers voting for me! :) 



I've made some neat and special friends as I've blogged about my journey along this unknown path I follow.  Thank you!!  It's been fun, and I've enjoyed getting to "know" you.



So, all in all, it's been a neat journey with both its ups and downs.  However, as I sit here right now looking out over the Tainan skyline, I look forward to another
year of blogging, another year of changing, another year of living in
God's grace and being overwhelmed by his generosity and  . . . being able to share some of that with yall. 



I thought I'd continue a tradition I started last year on my blog's birthday, here are the first lines from the first posts of each month in the past year:

Firecrackers and fireworks--yes they are different (one goes "pow!
pow!" a hundred times and the other "swoooooosh! pop!")--went off all
around my apartment from about 9 or 10pm till about 2 or 3am in random
intervals. (Jan, 33 posts)



Sandy is a IRL friend
who is also a college teacher, tentmaking here in Taiwan. (Feb, 12 posts)




. . . in paths that they have not known I will guide them. (Isaiah 42:16) (March, 35 posts)



My coworker in the harvest has a brother who is also missionary. (A post about how five shirts is too many shirts to own.) (April, 21 posts)



The lens of my camera loves to focus on flowers. (May, 13 posts)



Stacy, an IRL friend who also lives here in Taiwan, tagged me while I was taking my bloggy break. (June, 31 posts)



Take heed of pride and haughtiness of spirit. (July, 36 posts)



Remember when I wrote about waiting and how hard it is. (August, 22 posts)



(When I grow up) I want to be a real missionary like her . . . or her (great book) . . . or her  . . . or any number of the bloggers listed here.  (September, 22 posts)



Ok, so we are not in Japan. (October, 26 posts)



For the past two weeks, there has been only one thought stuck on repeat in my mind about the beauty of kindness: It's your kindness that leads us to repentance, Oh Lord. (November, 8 posts)



My thirteenth year of life was horrible. (December, 22 posts so far)





19889326
Well, happy birthday little blog!  Thank you for helping me make friends
around the world!  Thank you for helping me draw closer to Christ.   



And, thanks to all of you who take the time to read and comment (I know I am bad about responding to comments--maybe I could try to work on that). 



I'm glad you stop!



5 comments:

  1. Happy Bloggy Birthday!
    I read and really enjoy your mom's guest posts too (sorry I didn't comment).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogging Birthday! I really, really, really enjoy your blog. :) Keep up the great blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy bloggy birthday!!
    I'm sure I speak for many when I say I enjoy your blog and would be so sad if you ever decide to stop. I love reading about your life in a foreign land (and one in which you've made your home).
    I think it takes a while to find your footing in the blog world and you've done it marvelously! I still haven't found mind, but here's hoping all the pieces will fall into place one day.
    Happy day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...