What does dinner look like at your house?

21736157thm
Every year, I supervise a group of graduating students as they complete a senior thesis together.  This year, my group wants to know what dinner time looks like in America. 



All they know is what they have seen on movies.  They think our evening meal times are either extrememly serious and quite with candles lit and opera music playing softly in the background or are crazy, loud, and chaotic.  They think we only eat steak, hamburgers, and pizza.



So, these three young ladies have created an online survey to discover a better picture of what dinner time looks like in America. 



We need your help to take the survery and to encourage others to take the survey as well. The survey will take about 10 minutes to complete. 



To encourage you to help us advertise the survey, if you link to the survey from your blog and invite your readers to take it, you will be entered in a prize drawing if you leave a trackback or comment to this post.  The prize?  A handmade postcard sent from Taiwan.  Up to ten people will win the prize.



The survey and "spread the word" prize contest will both close on April 29th.   But don't wait!  Help us now!!



Your help is greatly appreciated!!



{ETA: The survey is only for Americans, but the prize drawing for helping us get the word out about the survey is open to all!}



8 comments:

  1. For whatever reason I can't link directly to the survey so I put a link to your blog and directed folks to this post.
    What a neat idea to get other people involved in your students' lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cool! I'll take the survey AND advertise it on my blog. Fun stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having a couple of friends over on Monday, so I'll take a photo for you then. Maybe I should cook something typically Scottish for the occasion? Whisky and haggis it is then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Amanda!
    I took your students' survey and I've posted some bloggy peer pressure for my friends to take it as well. Tell your students that I wish them luck on their thesis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amanda, I'm glad you mentioned about this survey on your current post because for some reason this post (and the one below it on the same day) had not shown up on my Bloglines so I hadn't seen it.
    I'm going right now to take the survey. I LOVE questionnaires, surveys, etc. so it should be fun! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took the survey and am encouraging others to do so from my blog! :-) I hope they are able to get 50 responses soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I took the survey and linked this page to my blog. I did this not in hopes of winning a prize but because the dinner table is something that my husband and I are passionate about. If even one person reads my blog and takes the survey I'll be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...