brewed in the fridge

DSC00123



I knew Lipton's has a "cold brew" ice tea.  But I didn't know that I could also brew traditional Chinese tea cold.  Did you?





One of my Tawianese friend's moms gave me a varity of Chinese teas and told me that I could brew them in the fridge.  She told me to put the tea bags in the water and the water in the fridge before going to bed and when I woke up, I'd have tea.  She was right!



I love oolong tea!  I love green tea!  I love jasimne tea!



I love that I can brew them hassel free in my fridge each night!!



The other thing my friend's mom told me is that if you brew the tea hot you have to take out the tea leaves because they continue to flavor the tea as long as they are in the water.  But, if you brew the tea cold, you don't need to remove the leaves.  They stop having an affect on the water when the tea is "right."  Interesting, huh?



And, one more cool thing is that fridge-brewed tea has a less bitter and more sweet taste than the same leaves brewed with hot water. 



So, stop by and I'll pour you a glass of my very own fridge-brewed oolong tea for you to try!



2 comments:

  1. That is so interesting!! I'll have to try some fridge tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!! I am going to try it tonight!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...