Jehovah-jireh

Jehovah-jireh . . . "The Lord will see" or often translated as "the Lord will provide."



Our God sees our needs before we even know we have them and meets them in ways only he can. 



He has provided for my physical needs.  When I was preparing to go to college I had no idea where all the money for tuition would come from.  My mom encouraged me that my heavenly Father owned the cattle on a thousand hills, so I could trust him with my needs.  Every car and moped I've ever owned was a gift from Him.  Every mission trip I've taken was fully funded by His limitless funds.



He has provided for my needs for friendship.  He has given me time and again exactly the friends I needed.  I love telling about how I met Corrina.  I had just moved to JongLi as an exchange student, and didn't know anyone in the town.  I went to a local church, and a woman sat next to me and asked if she could translate for me.  Afterwords, she asked where I was from--nothing odd about that.  "America."  Then she asked where in America--nothing weird about that either.  "Texas."  Then she asked where in Texas--ok, that's weird.  "Oh, well my family is in Austin, and I go to school in Dallas".  Then she asked where in Dallas--that was REALLY strange.  "Just some little school you've never heard of."  But she insisted that I tell her.  "Dallas Baptis . . . ." "THATS WHERE I WENT TOO!!!!" she screamed as she interpreted me.  From that moment on I was her adopted younger sister.  Exactly what I needed.  He has done things like this over and over in ways that only He could.



Carnival of Beauty



He meets our big needs.  He meets our small needs.   He meets our every need.



He has defiantly met my biggest need . . . a need for a Savior.  And, if He has met that need, there is no reason why I can't trust Him with all my other needs.



It is not always easy to place our confidence in an unseen God.  Sometimes He asks us to trust him with situations that seem ro be in the "there is no way" category . . . but He always "makes a way."  Just like He asked Abraham to trust Him in Genesis 22.  God foresaw the need and He already knew how He was going to meet it. 



He is Jehovah-jireh . . . the One who will see.



And, that is the beauty of God's provision.  He sees our needs in advance and provides for every need according to His riches in glory (Philippines 4:19).  His resouces are unlimited!!





How has God provided for you recently? 



To answer you could share a comment here or write it up on your own blog post and submit it to the Carnival of Beauty--this week's theme is the Beauty of God's Provision and is being hosted by Amy at Untangling Tales.  You have till 8pm Alaska time on Tuesday, which is noon Taiwan time on Wednesday. :)



{As an addendum, let me add, that God does not always provide in ways we
expect or in the timing we originally think best.  He is sovereign and
works in ways we don't always understand and rarely see at the time.
Yet, this in no way diminishes from the fact that he is the Great
Provider.}




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...