made to worship

Chris Tomlin's CD "See the Morning" has been playing on my itunes all afternoon. 



The song "Made to Worship" starts:

Before the day, before the light,
before the world revolved around the sun,
God on High, stepped down into time,
and wrote the story of His Love for everyone
I also am really liking the song entitled "Uncreated One."


This evening, I was teaching a new Taiwanese believer about the Uncreated One.  The One who made the universe--all things seen and unseen.  The One who existed before there was such thing as day and night, earth and sky.  We also saw how because God is good, all that He created was good.



I was glad that I had been listening to these songs today.  I always knew that God was Creator--that we was and is and always will be.  But, I had never heard Him reffered to as "the Uncreated One."  I was able to use that name for Him tonight. 



Also, yesterday, I attended a training session with my mission team.  The leader kept referring to God in this way, "and we call this God the Most High God, 上帝 (shang di)." 



So, now I have two "new" names to use for God--the Uncreated One and the Most High God. 



Ok, back to why I started this post . . . the song "Made to Worship."  As I heard this line from the song by the same title, I was reminded again of how true this is.  The Uncreated One created us with the desire to worship built in.  Each human being longs to worship--it is a part of who we are as humans.  I see people all around me all the time worshipping.   They worship false gods; they worship their ancestors; they worship idols that cost small fortunes but were made by the hands of a mere man.  The point is--they worship.  They were made to worship--so that is what they do. 



Oh, Most High God, will you please help me to scatter the seed of the Gospel widely this week?  Give me boldness to speak Your Good News to those around me.  Give me more and more opportunities to share the story of the Uncreated One who is the Most High God with more and more Taiwanese.  Soften their hearts so that the seed will fall onto good soil.  Soften their hearts and open their eyes--have mercy on the Taiwanese so that they can worship You--the One True God who reigns on high.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...