thinking thankfully on thursdays

21541575_1



Starting today, I am borrowing Carmen's (from Full Contact Christ-Centric Living) idea of "Thinkful Thanking" on Thursdays (she gave me permission to borrow, so I don't have to steal--Thanks Carmen!!).



I remember nearly a year ago now going to a hospital here in Taiwan to see an obgyn.  A lady behind the "visitor center" helped me find out where my doctor was located and even walked me most of the way after I had tried on my own and failed.  My heart felt thankful to her for her assistance.  This was a very special moment for me because it was probably the first time in a year and a half that I had felt thankful to anyone for anything.  It was one of the first signs that I was coming out of my depression.  It was a GREAT feeling!



I think that moment of true gratefulness to some stranger will forever be etched in my heart as a very monumental moment.  And, thus, at that moment I learned the joy in needing help, being helped, and being thankful for the help received--a hard lesson indeed for a first-born, stubborn, I-can-do-it-myself perfectionist.



So, without further adieu, this week I am thankful for:



  • my puppy (he makes me smile)


  • my winter break (started yesterday and continues till end of Feb)


  • my colleague Kady (who always finds time to listen to me ramble and is excited about life AND who is a great gift-giver too)


  • a new missionary friend, Mary Agnes (she selflessly has been extending her friendship and sharing her family with me)


  • my brand new blender (that i got on sale)


  • a God who loves me without condition


1 comment:

  1. Is it too terribly evil to be envious of your break? Work has been so trying this year....:P
    But I'll be thankful for a wonderful personal life this year to counter it! I don't know how I would make it through otherwise!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...