single thoughts

Found two great articles this weekend for singles:

Believing in the Dream of Marriage
by Kara Schwab
Why is it some people's path to the altar is just a few footsteps long? Mine felt like a marathon.

Single While Active by Suzanne Hadley
I am single. I'm not ashamed to say it. Most of the time I'm OK with it.
By "OK" I mean I don't break down in tears after attending my
fifth wedding in one summer. I don't mourn with a tub of mint
chocolate chip and "Sleepless in Seattle" every time I have a quiet
Saturday night ... or four. . . . keep reading.



5 comments:

  1. I have to admit, my hardest moments with being single are at weddings...I believe it's not so much being single but the circumstances. And not for myself, for my daughter. I watch the bride and her father and I mourn all over again that (with me being a widow) my daughter will never experience that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are great articles! i wish we could understand on this earth why God does things the way He does...some thing just never make sense even years later...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great articles! I had never heard of the "Boundless" webzine. Thanks for introducing it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok- so I know I am married- but those are excellent articles and should be read by single and married women alike.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Sleepless in Seattle" is where we got our son's name. Well...that and the Bible. :) Your previous persecution note made me grieve and it made me sick. I had to get up from the computer. China always reminds me of Gladys Aylward. I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET HER IN HEAVEN! She's my hero.
    Blessings to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...