the goings on

I promised myself I would leave around 3:00 but considering it is now just about 3, I think I'm going to be a little late.  Yet, still I wanna leave a quick note to tell yall what's up.



This week was only 2 days for me.  We had a five day weekend last weekend--Friday was a lunar holiday, Mid-Autumn Moon Festival, and Tuesday was a national holiday, Double 10 or Independance Day.  These two holidays don't normally fall so close together, but since they fell on the same weekend the government gave everyone Monday off as long as they made it up this coming Saturday. 



Anywho, I was in Kenting for 5 days with my mission team--it was great chance to meet new team memebers, worship together, and pray for each other and the Taiwanese people--oh and of course play at the beach. Then I worked two days, and today I have tried to get come errands and chores completed, but my "to do list" still seems longer than my "did it list."  And, like I mentioned earlier in the post, I am planning on leaving this afternoon.  This time I will be heading northward for the wedding of one of my college roommates.



I had several posts set to auto-post last weekend--you didn't even know I was out of town did you?  Anyway, I had it together last week and don't this week. :)  I barely got out my really short little post yesterday. Which is funny, because it has gathered more comments than most of my posts do. (Thanks elde for the youba tip--I learned something new.)



Anywho, I have a whole list of post ideas to write up (including one tag from ejia) and tons of photos to share.  But, I just don't have the time this week to do it.  However, it is for good reasons--worship, spiritual retreat, playing at the beach, the celebration of marriage, seeing old friends, and making new ones.  So, I guess I can cope. ;)





But before you click away, feel free to go find yourself on the map and tell me which one you think is you like Kristy and Claire did.  (If there is not a dot on your location--you can still tell me where abouts it should be if you wanna.)

See ya next week!  Happy Weekend!!



Injoyamanda_2



3 comments:

  1. I'm the dot in the Austin region of Texas, in the United States :-)! Hope your time off refreshes your soul, relaxes your body, renews and strengthens old friendships and new relationships, and rejuvenates your mind with lotsa fun play at the beach! Anxiously awaiting some pics of the wedding...love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda,
    I just figured out that you weren't the Amanda I thought you were. You're someone I don't know. Well, hi. I guess you wrote that, I just didn't get it. It's a surprisingly small world however, I have missionary friends in Taipei. They've lived there for 7 years. I got to spend 3 weeks with them this summer and was so blessed by their experience. Blessing on your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi amanda,
    im patrick from NM,usa now living in singapore.
    i ran across ur other blog and read some about ur talk in chinese u had to do and ur puppy and bike crash....LOL thank God you are both ok. i've crashed a few times myself in SG. rainy or just plain....for nothing i guess..something to wake me up i always say.
    its cool that u have learned chinese, in singapore one must really make an effort as everyone speaks english. i've lived here 8 years now and only know a cpl of phrases and only a few words.
    i'm in new mexico till morning or rather im at my cabin till morning and then i start my way back home/sg. i have been here for 1 month and it has snowed once.
    OH, i know how i ran into ur blog...i looked up Visas to find out how i could get off in taipai on my way home. got bored reading all the stuffs about taiwan and then googled 'images' Tiawan and then found ur article.
    anyway, drop me a line sometime, when i get home i'll go through the rest of ur blog.
    cheers
    david patrick
    dba/toplistedhomes/bed n breakfast

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...