four little words

eija tagged me eons ago (actually only 12 days ago--but that is like eons in blogville).   

She was given four words to write about what they mean to her, and in return gave me and three others four words to write about what they mean to us.  So, the words she randomly picked for us are: Show, Money, Then, Chocolate.



The first thing that popped into my "I'm so glad it's the weekend" brain was "Show me the money, then I will share my chocolate with you." or what about "Show me the chocolate, then I will decide if it is worth spending my money on."



But, I don't think that is exactly how the game is played.  ;)



Show.  看看. As a self-proclaimed recovering people-pleasing perfectionist, I struggle with the dichotomy of who I really am and who I show myself to be.  The new discovery of the truth that grace applies to believers too has allowed me to confess sin and embrace Christ all over again.  What a great place to be!  Grace--lets me show more of the real me to others.  And you know what?  I like that; I like that a lot.



Money. 錢. Something I don't manage well, but long to.  Something I don't really care about like to think about.  Bills paid.  Needs met.  Even some wants granted. I'm good to go.  I recently bought Money, Possessions, and Eternity by Randy Alcorn.  It is in my must read next stack.  I long to be a good steward of all that God gives me.



Then. 然後. I love to plan.  I am constantly thinking "After I . . . ., then I will . . . ."  The problem with this is that I put something that needs to/should be done soon in the "then I will" spot and something I don't want to do in the "after I . . . " spot.  THEN, because I don't want to do it, I add another "oh I will do that after I . . . " in front of the first "after I . . . ."  And, thus, I forever seem to not be doing the things I want and doing the things I don't.  Perhaps I need some re-flywashing.



Chocolate. 巧克力.  Yes please. Preferably dark if you have it.  Got any with nuts? 



Tag--you're it!
I tag Kristy, rejoyce, Claire, Michelle, and Charlotte (but I don't know if Charlotte does tags).  (Mom if you wanna do it, you could answer in the comments--I didn't tag you only cuz you don't blog.)



Here are your four words: directions, lovely, improve, once. 
I took these words from the packaging of the bottle of "Shiny Syrup" I bought tonight for Gilby's tear-stain issue.  Be thankful I didn't pick "Indirations" [sic] or "kelogram" [sic]. ;)



6 comments:

  1. thanks for tagging me. it was a pleasant surprise! i've posted my response, but since i don't think many people read my blog i haven't tagged anyone. Still, it was very fun thinking about what those words mean to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I'm tagged! I was hoping to get out of this one. ;) Actually, if you see Kristen's blog (www.walkingcircumspectly.blogspot.com), you'll know why I didn't want to be tagged. :) However, your words are of a much higher calibre so I will aim to please...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry I haven't been able to check into blog land for the past week so I didn't see this until today. I wil try to reply tomorrow...this should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm...directions, lovely, improve, once....is this supposed to be like "stream of consiousness writing?" here goes....
    Directions - something I'm continually thinking about as a teacher! Most of the time I think my directions given were crystal clear, but from my student's response they were as clear as mud. Because of having to give directions to so many, so frequently, I'm constantly reminded that what people hear is hardly ever what I said!!
    Lovely - That word makes me think of you! Lovely is a form of the literal meaning of Amanda (as is lovable, beloved, etc.)! We could not have come up with a better word to describe you. I'm so impressed with what lovely women both of my duaghters have grown up to become! Both of you so sure of your goals and dreams ..such confident, unwavering, godly women...that is LOVELY!
    Improve - ay, yi, yi....I have a love-hate relationship with this word! Always wanting to improve in most everything I do, seldom satisfied with "good enough", frequently makes my life tough. However I love the search of seeking ways to improve -- trying new recipes/diets, searching for new lessons to improve student learning, reading "how to" articles & books, watching HGTV for decorating ideas, bugging you for ways to handle digital pics, etc.
    once - Once I was blind, but now I see! Once and for all, He redeemed me for ALL eternity! Once I was dead in sin, but now I am alive in Christ! Once I was His enemy, but now he calls me friend!
    thanks for tagging me...hope this comment isn't too long...next summer, I'll have to IMPROVE and you, LOVELY daughter, will have to give me DIRECTIONS on creating a blog, but you know you'll have to give them to me more then ONCE! :-) Lots of love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH! I need sometime to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need the DIRECTIONS to the LOVELY hairdresser so I can IMPROVE my haircut at ONCE.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...