my door now

Last fall,   I posted about my apartment door for the first time.  At that time, it was a little Taiwanese and a little American.  I don't have a "spring time" door decoration from America, so it is only Taiwanese right now.



However, every time I come home, I enjoy my door.  So, I thought I should share it with you.  At Chinese New Year, everyone changes out the red papers on the door.  Below is my 2006 red door paper.  It is written in ancient Chinese script by my best friend's grandfather.  He is an amazing man (and I don't think I even have a picture of him--Ellen, next time I visit we will have to take pictures with your grandparents!!)  Not only does he do Chinese caligraphy, but he plays the erhu.  He learned how in his 80's--He is the reason I am now learning how to play it too. 



Anyway, let me show you a picture of what is hanging on my door right now.  It is the beginning of John 3:16 . . . literally translated from Chinese to English: "God loves the world's people."



For God so loved the world



2 comments:

  1. hallelujah Shen Ai Shi Ren! Amen!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, will do!! :) By the way, I told my grandpa that you posted the door paper on the blog. He was very thrilled, acutally, you should come see the big smile on his face:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...