47 what?

Have you ever wondered why I use amanda47 for this URL and for my email address? 



No?  You haven't?



Well, then, let me draw your attention to the fact that I use 47 in my email and this blog's URL. :)



Great, now that you have noticed . . . are you wondering yet?



No?  Not really?  Well, thanks for being honest, but I am going to tell you now and pretend you have been unable to sleep at nights because you have been so filled with wonder about it! :)



What did you say?  You wanna guess first?  Well ok.



Am I 47 years old?  No--only 28.
Do I have 47 dogs?  No--just one.
Do I speak 47 langages?  No--just two.
Is my address 47 Something Lane?  No it is not.
Is 47 my lucky number?  Nope; don't have a lucky number.
Have I written 47 books?  No. 
Number of published articles?  No.
How many times I have been to Hong Kong?  No.
How many miles between me and my parents?  Oh my, no way.  Try more like 8,000!
Is my favorite verse in the Bible something 4:7?  Nope, not yet anyways.



You want to give up?  Well, here's a hint.  Today is 04-07-06. 



Oh! What is that?  You wanna guess again?  Well, ok.



Ahh . . . that's right!! 



Today, April 7, is my birthday!!  You are so smart!



What's that?  Happy Birthday?  Ahh. .  . thank you!!  That is so nice of you!





The picture below is of me with my "Mr. DaBien" Cake.  I am guessing that you can guess what "Da Bien" means just by looking at the cake.  Right? 



Some of my students surprised me earlier this week, with this very cute cake.  If I haven't been here too long . . . my guess is that this kind of "cuteness" is probably very Taiwanese. :)  Take a look . . .see what I mean! :)



Me and My Mr. Da Bien Cake







www.flickr.com












10 comments:

  1. Happy, Happy Birthday!! Although I realize that by the time you see this post your day will be half-over...but happy b-day nonetheless!! I love the cake!!! I wonder, is there a specific meaning associated therewith? I acknowledge it certainly has its merits (as a cake of seemingly unique design, for one), but I'm not certain that it would have been my first choice as a sweet for a birthday celebration (assumedly due to my lack of knowledge of Taiwanese practices)...can you please enlighten?!!?
    Hugs,
    ~jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!
    BTW - Your Dog Gilby, is absolutely ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is official--I have been here "too long." I say that because I couldn't remember what "an American" would think of this.
    To my students--it is just a VERY cute cake. Nothing else. There is no insult in the cake, no hidden meaning--it was just cute.
    In fact "da bien" with faces and little "smoke curls" is a common "cartoon" picture here. I even got my brother a foam "da bien" key chain. It, however, was blue.
    Oh . . .and just in case you were wondering--the inside thankfully was a layered cake. Yellow cake with alternating pudding and "agar" layers. Agar: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agar Thankfully, it was not chocolate cake!! :)
    Oh, and Jenn, thank you for the sweet icard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Addie! Thank you!! I LOVE MY GILBY!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!!! Yes, I had wondered at the 47 in the title, but since I'm a fairly new reader to your blog I thought maybe you had already explained that. So I didn't ask. :) Neat post telling us about it!
    Good looking cake, too. Am I missing something else? Why...thankfully not chocolate cake? I would definitely WANT chocolate!
    Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm . . . yes.
    "da bien" means "poop."
    It is a "pile of poo" cake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy belated BIRTHDAY Amanda! =)
    the cake looks delicious despite looking like well...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...