Starting today, I am borrowing Carmen's (from Full Contact Christ-Centric Living) idea of "Thinkful Thanking" on Thursdays (she gave me permission to borrow, so I don't have to steal--Thanks Carmen!!).
I remember nearly a year ago now going to a hospital here in Taiwan to see an obgyn. A lady behind the "visitor center" helped me find out where my doctor was located and even walked me most of the way after I had tried on my own and failed. My heart felt thankful to her for her assistance. This was a very special moment for me because it was probably the first time in a year and a half that I had felt thankful to anyone for anything. It was one of the first signs that I was coming out of my depression. It was a GREAT feeling!
I think that moment of true gratefulness to some stranger will forever be etched in my heart as a very monumental moment. And, thus, at that moment I learned the joy in needing help, being helped, and being thankful for the help received--a hard lesson indeed for a first-born, stubborn, I-can-do-it-myself perfectionist.
So, without further adieu, this week I am thankful for:
- my puppy (he makes me smile)
- my winter break (started yesterday and continues till end of Feb)
- my colleague Kady (who always finds time to listen to me ramble and is excited about life AND who is a great gift-giver too)
- a new missionary friend, Mary Agnes (she selflessly has been extending her friendship and sharing her family with me)
- my brand new blender (that i got on sale)
- a God who loves me without condition