happy chinese new year!!

The streets are full of cars and mopeds, and the outdoor day markets are full of people.    Shopping bags and bike baskets are full of produce and other goodies.  Red envelops are full of money, while homes are full of the hustle and bustle that comes with company.  However, most noticeably, the air is filled with a sense of anticipation, and the hearts of young and old alike are filled with expectation. 



Why?  Because today marks the beginning of the Chinese New Year Holiday!



Dsc03200_2  Dsc03201_1



"The Lunar New Year, which this year starts on January 29, is the biggest holiday in the Chinese-speaking world and  family reunions prompt arguably the biggest movement of humanity on Earth."*



And  I am joining in this big "movement of humanity."  I leave today to go visit the north part of Taiwan. God has blessed me with a "Taiwanese family;" this will be my third Chinese New Year with the Lin family. (Below is a pic of me with the Lin family, and close up of me with Lin MaMa both taken last Chinese New Year.)



Lin_family Lin_mama_1



I ask for your prayers for two things:

(1) That the anticipation and expectation that the people of Taiwan are experiencing in regards to Chinese New Year will one day soon pale in comparison to the anticipation and expectation they will have about the return of the Son of God.



(2) Please be praying for my Taiwanese family.  The father and twin adult daughters are all Christians, mom and brother are not.  Please ask for the God of Hope and Peace to set mom and brother free.



3 comments:

  1. Great blog! I'm a 25 year old American living in Korea. DH is Korean. We are both Christians too. I'll be reading your blog more often from now on. I found you through the GodBlogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah, and DH and I are both INTJs, and I have wanted to be a missionary since I was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hannah! Thanks for stopping by! I'll check out your blog too. Looking forward to learning more about your life in Korea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...