time for a change

I'm attempting to get back into the swing of blogging again. 

First, I wanna ask for Ashley and Kristy's forgiveness in never responding to the awards they both gave me last month.  Thank you for thinking of me and honoring in me that way.  I'm sorry I didn't even take the time to say thanks.

Second, is something I'm excited about . . . and that is that one of the things I've struggled with the most in blogging is responding to comments on the blog.  Typepad emailed me the comments, and I read them in gmail.  If there is a question or I have time to respond, I just emailed that person.  BUT, now Typepad allows me to reply to comments on the blog via email.  Awesome!  So, I'm excited that there is now a VERY SIMPLE way for me to respond to my blog's comments on the blog.  YAY!!

And, last but not least, I changed the look of my blog.  It's my third year blogging, and my third blog design overall.  Maybe it will be a bloggy tradition for me, change the skin and sidebars once a year, kinda like a birthday gift to the blog. 

There are a ton more things I'd love to do to the blog design, but for now, this is what I can accomplish with the limited time I have.  I am struggling to learn to let go of my perfectionism which either monoplolizes my time or paralyzes me into nonaction.  I think planning two weddings in 60-90 days each as well as being married is teaching me to live and let live a little more than I was doing before. 

This is my first non-pink look.  And, I like the simplicity of it, and I love that it is purple. 

Anywho, thank you to those of you who stuck with the blog even with my recent sporadic posting.  And, hello to all the newbies who recently commented and let me know you had surfed by.  I'm excited about getting back into blogging and look forward to some more interaction with my bloggy friends.  :)

Just for kicks, these are my two most recent blog looks (well, kinda).

Faup original 
Faup new



4 comments:

  1. I likey! ( how's that for good english! Ha ha ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading for a long time and thought it was about time to actually comment and say Hi. I like the new purple design! I really liked the flowers from a post or two ago! Oh, and congrats on your wedding! There, I think that about catches us up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea! I've already opened your blog in another tab and will going to
    check it out here shortly.
    Thanks for taking the time to comment and "catching us up." :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Susanna! I love to play with words like that too . . . so, in my
    book that is great English!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...