Christmas in Taiwan (a video and a mosaic)



Merry Christmas!! 



Christmas Day will soon be over for me.  I wish you all a wonderful day as you celebrate our Savior today!!



This morning before I left to go celebrate at a fellow missionary's home, I took a few pics of Gilby and me with my tree:


Merry Merry Merry Merry Christmas!



1. gilby, me, and my tree, 2. gilby decides it is time to kiss me,
3. me and my tree, 4. merry CHRISTmas!



Christmas is not a holiday in Taiwan, so most people do not celebrate and it.  Christians usually have some kind of activity at church for Christmas, but nothing like we are used to in the West and not necessarily on Christmas Day.  So, for the most part it is work and school as normal.  However, every year so far, I have been blessed to be able to rearrange my classes, so that I don't have to work on Christmas Day.  Day after Christmas?  Yes!  But not the actual Christmas Day. 



This year, I went to our mission team leader's home.  We had a traditional Christmas meal, and then played games for hours!  It was fun and full of laughter.  However, I do miss my family. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...