a random meme

A month ago (I'm just a little behind), I was tagged by both Deborah and Lindsey--one loves missions and used to be an MK teacher and the other is a new-to-the-field missionary in the Ukraine! 

This meme is to share 7 random facts about myself to my bloggy friends.  Well, I feel like I've shared so many random things about my life in the last two and a half years there is little left to disclose to the public.  So, here are 7 random facts about me, that I've shared before but perhaps you didn't catch or don't remember.

1. Even though I now call Taiwan home and love living here very much, when I first came to Taiwan in 1997, I didn't really like it very much due to some intense culture shock.

2. I love green tea flavored stuff (for the most part)!!  I've even had the world's best green tea ice cream in the world's tallest building.



3. I am incredibly logical--sometimes this annoys the people who love me most especially since I also tend to be very stubborn firm in my beliefs.



4. I am a self-confessed bibliophile--not just a reader, a book-lover.







5. I've never had a "first kiss" (or a second one for that matter) . . . well, at least not yet.



6. If I'm going to enjoy an Oreo, I prefer it frozen and then dipped in milk. (I started keeping Oreos in the freezer as a way to keep the ants away, and now there is no turning back.  They are best frozen, I promise.)

7. I love oatmeal. It makes me happy. I could eat it for any meal of the day or for breakfast every day of the week for months at a time.  But I don't like it plain--I like it with cinnamon and either with raisins or peanut butter . . . or baked!

Just in case these 7 were too normal or things you already knew and remembered about me . . . here are 8 more random things about me and 8 random facts about my kitchen.

I'm tagging: Sandy, Cahleen, Char, Jen, Michelle, Tabetha, and Sarah
But, of course yall are under no obligation to post if you don't wanna. :)

Here are the "rules" for this meme:

1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.

2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.

3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.

4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

3 comments:

  1. So FUN! Thanks for playing along, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I love how you included links to the things you've already written about...I would definitely try the baked oatmeal, but, alas, we do not have brown sugar available in Ukraine! :(
    biography recommendation: Amy Tan's "Opposite of Fate." It's mainly a series of short stories that cover many topics of her life and her writings. She even includes some of the behind the scenes explanations to her stories. I'm a HUGE Amy Tan fan, and this biography was just as good as her novels. A warning though: there is some bad language and some difficult themes, but nothing offensive (at least I thought).

    ReplyDelete
  3. On your #7 above, my wife makes the best baked oatmeal on the planet! It is indeed good stuff, even our kids love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...