53

Only 53 days left till I go home for the summer!!! 

My Family
I can't wait!!  It's been TWO full years since I've seen my family.  That's just too long in my opinion!!  My brother has gone from little boy to young man.  My sister has gone from newlywed to new mom.  My parents have/are both changed/changing jobs, and they totally redecorated the living areas of their home.

Of course, skype video helps them feel not quite so far away . . . but it is not the same at all!!  And, I am very thankful for things like email and flickr so that I can very easily share my life and be a part of theirs as well.  Oh, so much better than waiting months for handwritten letters to cross the ocean. 

BUT . . . still . . . despite my thankfulness in technology helping us keep in touch easily . . . I am SO READY to see my family.  To hug them and touch them and sit with them and play with them and just enjoy being with them!

And . . . another way that I can tell that I am SO READY to go home is that every time I think about what I wanna eat I can only think of American foods and restaurants.  Nothing Chinese sounds good anymore.  For the past two years I've not had this "problem," but every time I know it's getting close to the time to go home I start having this "problem."  I think it is funny how we "know" things on several levels.  How subconsciously I am allowing myself to start to miss/desire American foods for the first time in two years.  Oh sure, I've had random cravings for specific foods occasionally, but not the same as every single meal time only being able to think about American foods. 

(Speaking of American foods, Mom, do you think you can make chicken and dumplings even though it will be the middle of the summer?  I've not had that in  . . .what? . . . six years now???  Pretty please!!)


4 comments:

  1. Amanda,
    I found your blog through your link to my article. What an adventure you're living! You're my hero, because after just one week in Russia, I was dreaming of food from home. Thanks for blogging about the article. I'm saying a prayer for you today that God will provide you with a godly mate. He says yes. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly -- chicken and dumplings it is....and homemade mashed potatoes, biscuits and gravy, Sunday pot roast, spaghetti, tacos (those last two are very American! :-).....but not all at the same meal!! We miss you too!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! Isn't exciting to go home? I'm down to 46 days before I head home for the summer. You're gonna have such a great time! Aren't you from Texas? Just thought you should know that in San Antonio on August 22-23 there is going to be a Beth Moore conference, along with some pre-conference training for women working in women's ministry. After this Believing God study that I've been doing I'm a total Beth Moore groupie so I'm trying to figure out a way to go even though I live in Missouri.:-) Here's her blog site if you want more info:
    http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/
    Ok, now I have to go think of 7 random things about myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you get to go home and hug your family!
    Hubby is deployed, and will soon go to Iraq for 8 more mos.! We'll be taking advantage of Skype, too, but I know it's not like being together.
    Eyes to Christ!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...