A Puritan Prayer



21604098
O God of love,




Preserve . . .


  my understanding from error,

  my affections from love of idols,

  my lips from speaking deceit,

  my conduct from stain of vice,

  my character from appearance of evil;




that I may be

  harmless,

  blameless,

  rebukeless,

  exemplary,

  useful,

  light-giving,

  prudent,

  zealous for Your glory and the good

    of my fellow-men.




Cast Your cords of love around my heart,
     then hold me and never let me go!



(HT: Grace Gems! Jan 2007)



1 comment:

  1. Some of the Puritan writing is just wonderful. I've bought a book of Puritan prayers to give as a wedding present - the prayers are so God-centred and so wise. I might need to invest in a copy for myself some day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...