A Comment on Comments




Delurk_2



Sallie informs us
all that this week is "National Delurking Week." 



Like Sallie, one of
the hardest parts of blooging for me is keeping up with and responding
to comments.  I appreciate and read them all even if I don't get a
chance to respond to them--either via email or in bloggyville.  And, I also read several blogs but don't really comment (often).



Nevertheless, in honor of Delurking Week, I have two questions:



How do you handle comments on your own blog?  How do you like/prefer for bloggers to handle your comments on their blog?



At first, I tried to respond here on my blog--so that there was a conversation going on the post--I like that.  Then I realized that I rarely go back and read responses to comments on the blog where I posted the comment--especially if it is a day of surfing.   So, now I either go to that person's blog and leave a comment  or I email a response to their comment.  This method leave a little hole on my own blog though because it might seem as if I don't reply to people's comments (which sometimes I don't, especially if it is a busy week). 



I know of one blog I comment on that I as soon as I comment, it signs me up to be notified by email when a comment has been posted on that post.  I like that insofar as the blogger can comment on the blog and the commenter gets the emailed response--two birds one stone.  I don't like it as a commenter when it is a hot topic and I keep getting unwanted emails that I didn't know I was signing up for.



So, back to my questions. . . .



How do you handle comments on your own blog?  How do you like/prefer for bloggers to handle your comments on their blog?



Oh, yeah, and don't forget to do some delurking as you travel around bloggyville this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...