here he is

gilby
Several people have asked about him via phone, email, and in person.  Here are some of the questions I've been asked about Gilby:



What did you do with him while you were in the States?
Gilby_and_phoebeHe stayed with one of my best friends in the northern part of Taiwan.  Ellen and her family were kind enough to give me a great home for over a month.  They took excellent care of him and bought him all kinds of neat new stuff.  To the left is a picture of him with his new little friend, Phoebe (Ellen and her twin sister's puppy).  Thank you, Ellen, for taking care of him for me!!



Is Gilby home yet?
Yes.  He has been back a week now.  He came home last Saturday.



Did he recognize you?
I think so.  He licked me for several minutes when I first saw him again.  He made himself right at home in my arms again.  And, he has made himself right at home again too.



Has he changed since he was a way from you for a month?
Not too much.  His biggest change is that he now absolutely loves his walks.  Before they were just a fun bonus; now they are a we-must-go-out-the-door-as-soon-as-Amanda-gets-out-of-bed-and-walks-in-the-door-from-work walk.  He runs down the stairs and out the door of my apartment complex--eventually he does slow down, but at first he bolts out the doors like his tail is on fire or something!



His other change is that he is more independent.  He isn't velcro-ed to my side anymore.  He doesn't mind waiting for me on the couch or in his crate.  He doesn't eagerly wait at my feet while I get dressed, and he doesn't wait for me to open the bathroom door so we can be together again like he used to. 



Why didn't you take him with you to the States?
Well, even though it is not that difficult to take a dog from Taiwan to the States.  It is hard to bring a dog into Taiwan.  This is because Taiwan is rabies free, so they keep dogs in quarantine when they enter Taiwan for (I think) two weeks.  So, if I do move back to the States later, Gilby will come with me.  But he won't be accompanying me on my shorter trips.



That's about it as far as Gilby is concerned.  He is still my puppy boy, and I am very thankful that he is a part of my life. 



Here are some more photos taken recently, in case you haven't gotten enough gilby in awhile. (Refesh page if you wanna see different pics.)  :)

www.flickr.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...