a walk to remember

Daddy and DaughterWhen I started thinking about a song to walk into with (I didn't
want to come in with traditional wedding music.), I immediately
thought of and really liked "For the Beauty of the Earth."  Lawrance liked the
melody but didn't think it had enough "power" or "majesty" for a bridal entrance.  When I
told him that was the exact reason I wanted it, he thought it was a
great choice.

So, are you ready?  Here we go . . .

Daddy and Daughter

Uh, yeah . . . it was not exactly like that. :)  This great photo--that Lawrance and I both love (and want to duplicate with the two of us when we get married in Taiwan)--was taken after the ceremony. 

I was a bit emotional walking down the aisle with my daddy. 

My creation

And, uh, yeah, "a bit" is a huge understatement! :)

Over a million thoughts flooded though my head we walked together.  My dad was so kind.  He was talking me though walking down the steps out of the chapel, being very gentle and supportive.  I then told him, "Daddy, I'm not gonna make it.  I'm gonna cry." 

His response was "You are?" 
"Yes," I cried back.
"That's ok," was his calm response.

Then I did all I could to stop the tears--hence all the funny faces.  They were happy tears, but still I didn't want to totally be crying all the way down the aisle. 

Here is a photo of my dad talking me though walking down the steps.

2864480384_9b8a3f22ae

I finally was able to manage a smile . . . and I finally rounded the small curve and was able to see my groom. Yay!!

2863660385_690670d67a

IMGP4223.JPG

For the joy of human love, . . .

Lord of all, to thee we raise this our hymn of grateful praise.
  (lyrics from "For the Beauty of the Earth")


4 comments:

  1. I love it!! Those pictures are wonderful!!! They capture so well all of your emotions in that moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - I've followed your blog for awhile but never commented. We also got married in August and also used "For the Beauty of the Earth" as my processional. We used the Chris Rice arrangement and it was beautiful. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, soooo beautiful! And I love the series of photos. You can tell that you are overwhelmed with emotion!!"!! The song is perfect as well. We used Jesu Joy of Man's Desire" for my processional and walked out to "To God be the Glory."
    Your wedding has been so fun to "attend"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Amanda! I have so enjoyed your wedding posts!
    They also use this story in Meg's wedding in the Little Women movie. I think it is so appropriate!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...