old city wall in HengChun

For some reason, I am drawn to windows and doors. 



I enjoy looking at old doors and windows.  There is something calming about them.  And, something mysterious too--what is on the other side?  How many people have looked out that window or walked through that door?



I also LOVE the old city gates that are sprinkled throughout the cities of Taiwan. 



Last week, when Ellen and I were in Kenting, we stopped for little bit and enjoyed the old east and south gates as well as the old city wall.




ellen and the old south gate



me on the old city wall



me on the east gate



info about the old city gate




2 comments:

  1. Hey! I was in Kenting last week too! Feb 4 to be exact. Our time was too short there though, we wasted the whole morning at the aquarium then ran out of time for the beach...next time I know! That would have been funny if we'd ran into each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the beautiful pictures! I like old, decaying castles set on hillsides, myself. I always thought of the protection they once afforded people, and now they are just a landmark.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...