a benefit of teaching college in taiwan

One of the greatest benefits of teaching college in Taiwan is winter vacation!! 



I turned in grades for the fall semester sometime mid-January, and classes for the spring semester don't start until March first.  So, that means I am right now half way through my eight week winter vacaion. 



Last week, my best friend and I went to Kenting.  We watched the sunset twice on White Sands Beach, enjoyed lots of yummy food, and crossed a mountain on a moped in the rain.  We also dipped our toes into the Pacific Ocean, and even though we were soaking wet we had a picnic on a cliff overlooking the most souhern tip of the island.



Ellen and I had a blast!



me and ellen



sunset at the beach



sunset at the beach



ellen and her fave rock--the "human head rock"



More pictures here, and more coming soon.



2 comments:

  1. I like that last photo! How long did that take you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Amanda,
    I think you have many stories and fun in Tawain. I am a teacher in a college of southern Taiwan. We are looking for a teacher. If you know any native speaker of English with Ph. D degree. Please let me know. thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...