teaching barefoot

Shoes!!



I know I've told that in Taiwan we take off our shoes before we enter someone's home.  But, have I ever told you that I teach barefoot too?





All of my classes are in a language lab or computer lab; so, we must take off our shoes before entering the classrooms.  "Regular classrooms" do not require shoes be removed.



Why the floors of these rooms must be kept clean I will never know.  But, that is the school rule, so that is what we do.  And just for the record, the student's don't like it.



I love the fact that the school provides these nifty little shoe cases for the students to put their shoes, but that instead students just pile the shoes in front of the shoe case.



Outside of a computer classroom at my school:



please take off your shoes



4 comments:

  1. Interesting post, Amanda! I like reading blogs about Americans living in foreign countries, and the experiences that they have. :)
    I got to your site via the link on BlogHer!
    BlogHer blog: http://blogher.org/blog/zandria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting take on behavior. I am sure there is something that could be said about it. But maybe it is just a way for them to protest. Surely the little effort to put them in the shelf would not be that much. You didn't say if your shoes were in the pile on the floor - or do you put them in the shelf?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm . . .
    Usually, I am already in the room so I don't pay attention to what is happening in the shoe cubby outside. Although, one semester I enforced the idea of keepting them in the shoe shelves.
    In the computer room that I teach in the shoe shelf is inside the room, and in there they all put shoes on the shelves. Me too.
    In these rooms, there is a raised floor. But there is a non-raised part for the door to pen and close. My shoes rest in that open area inside the room.
    have a great day,
    amanda :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zandria,
    Thanks for stopping by and commenting!!
    I'll go check out your blog too.
    have a great weekend,
    amanda :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...