back home

Well, I am "back home."  I am now back in Taiwan after nearly two weeks in Thailand.



This winter vacation has seemed more like summer vacation with all my time spent at the beach in the past month.  But, trust me--I am NOT complaining.  It has been great.



elephant trekkby BikoBikoBiko on Flickr



Here are some things I did for the first time:



  • snorkeled in the Gulf of Thailand,


  • got stung by jellyfish,


  • created a new “avoid the scary but beautiful black sea urchins” dance,


  • rode an elephant thru the jungle and while he walked underwater down a river (yes he was mostly underwater; being on his back, I stayed dry),


  • experienced how relaxing traditional Thai massages can be,


  • rode in the back of several songthaews,


  • enjoyed a green tea and almond blizzard from a Thai Dairy Queen,


  • ate an entire orange in one bite (granted, it was mini-sized),


  • fell in love with the scent of Plumeria in the evening air, and


  • gazed upon the most breath-taking orange sunrises and sunsets ever.


Nevertheless, I really did not do much sight-seeing.  Just enjoyed the beach, great company, and a few massages. :)  I would like to go back to do some sightseeing and more trekking some day, but other countries need visiting as well.  Hmmm . . . which one will it be?



Anywho, now that I have a great tan and am ready for summer vacation to start, the "spring semester" begins tomorrow. :)  I am not sure I am ready for another 18 weeks of teaching; I kinda like vacation-mode. 



6 comments:

  1. Amanda, sure sounds like fun! You are very blessed to get to enjoy all these new experiences! Missed you on the blog while you were away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that is fantastic!! Thailand is right at the top of my list of places to see next.
    BTW here's a blog I think you might like if you haven't seen it before!
    http://www.missionary-blogs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! All of that sounds amazing! I'm jealous!! I'm glad you had a good time, but I'm glad you're back too! (I understand about being in vacation mode!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo, I can comment--for some reason, it wouldn't let me while you were away.
    Heaps cool...sounds like a fun vacation! Except for the jellyfish part...but the elephant part might make up for it? :)
    Well, WE'RE glad you're back, at any rate. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you enjoyed your time away. You had a lot of fun firsts!
    My school started this week and you can do what I am doing to get into the swing of things - wear a dress to each class; it reminds me that I am to be in "teacher-mode", not in vacation-mode anymore, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great holiday. When do we get to see photos?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...