sam feeds some turtles

When we visited Lotus Lake last week, my brother found some turtles that needed feeding.  And when I say some--I mean LOTS!!  Have a look, and hear his excitement. 




At the moment, this one activity is ranked in the top three things he has enjoyed most here.



The other day he said something that warmed my heart.  While we were on the moped he asked about how he could come here other than teaching.  I asked him, "are you thinking about coming back to Taiwan?"  He said, "Oh, I definately know I will be back here one day!" 



6 comments:

  1. my bf jonathan wants to say, "they are one set of ravenous turtles. they make piranhas (sp heh, can't figure out how to spell that word) look tame."
    thousands of buckets of fun indeed! wish i could be in Taiwan! i miss Formosa! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's seems yall had fun there and how you got there? by train? hope to see yall soon, i done all of my finals~~~yea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH!!!!! That is a lot of turtles!!!! I have never seen so many in my life, even adding up the few I have seen into one incident!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. That is amazing. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Thousands of buckets of fun" . . . yep. :)
    I actually looked at a map of KH city--found a way--and rode us there. Didn't want to take the train because that would be A LOT of walking and it is HOT.
    It was a lot of fun. And I think will remain one of his fave parts of the trip. Feeding giant goldfish from the palm of my hand is one of my favorite activities from my time here in Taiwan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Thousands of buckets of fun!"...I think that is about 9,999 more buckets of fun than he has playing video games! Glad to see you guys enjoying yourselves! I loved the pictures taken there....miss you both, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...