home sweet home

You know the feeling.  I know you do. 



You go away on a trip out of town.  You stay in a hotel room or in someone's guest room.  It's nice at first--a fancy recliner to sit in, new things on the walls to look at and enjoy, different trees lining the roads, a new set of stores to explore.  But, then . . . after awhile, you long for the familar again. 



There is a kind of relaxing that your body does as you turn back into your old neighborhood.  You open the front door to your own home and the scent of home washes over you.  It feels so good to sit on your old couch, to sleep in your own bed.  Ahh, home, sweet, home.



The first time this happened to me in Taiwan, it shocked me.  I left my apartment for a few days out of town.  When I walked into a home that looked like nothing I would or even could have in the States, I felt at home.  That is because it was my home.  It was a wonderful feeling.  I remember making a mental note of that moment.  It happened three years ago.  I've never questioned it since.



But, I digress. 



I have missed blogging.  My mom asked me the other day "are you really that busy?"  In some ways yes and in some ways no.  I know that in life there is not really such thing as "no time for . . . "  We choose to spend our time the way we spend it.  If I don't have time for blogging, it is because I am choosing to spend time on something else. 



Since my sister's wedding--which was over a month ago--I have only posted 9 times.  A little break was nice, but I miss taking the time to read other's blogs and blog myself.  But, like I said, I have choosen to spend my time in other ways--namely with my kid brother



So, what does this have to do with home sweet home, you ask?  Well, opening up the website of my blogging service is like opening the front door and breathing in the scent of home.  Sending words deep into the blogosphere is like sitting on my own worn couch. 



I regret that my little break from blogging conincided with the same time I was to be  blogging weekly with a Beth Moore Bible Study Group.  The study we were doing, Living Beyond Yourself, is/was incredible--life changing really.  After looking at who is the Holy Spirit, she took us through the fruit (yes, singular) of the Spirit--love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.  I apologize to the group for not upholding my commitment to the weekly posting.  Perhaps this summer I can do a series on the fruit of the Spirit.  I am a sinner saved by grace.



I can't promise daily posts just yet, but I do know that I am going to begin posting more regularly again because well . . . it is like coming home.



3 comments:

  1. Well, I am glad you are back but I totally understand. Blogging is fun, but it can be consuming. I'm just back to blogging more regulary myself. And I needed the break! But you are right. It does feel really good to be back! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way Amanda! I'm a sinner saved by grace too lol. Wanted to send you some ((hugs)).
    We've got to spend our time on what's most important at the time :o) I've been almost non-existant in the blogging world lately myself. Life keeps going - blogs can wait :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...